Sunday, July 1, 2007

These bodies of ours and other stuff

I am seeing a surgeon in the morning to discuss why I keep losing blood. I've been given 4 pints in the last week or so. (thank you, thank you, thank you, to anyone who has ever donated blood. It does matter. Bigtime.) Also, I'm having leg cramps so often that I'm often up most the night. I hope we can end all this. I'm ready to get on with it. I am 50 years old. I have so much I want to do. Number one for me is loving and spending time with my family. But, I also want to swim with the dolphins. I want to walk the beach at Kitty Hawk, NC and find the perfect spot to sit in the sand and watch the pelicans dive for fish in the ocean. For one entire day. I also want to see the Northern Lights.....not from a cruise ship, but from walking on land that perhaps has never been walked on before. I want to milk a cow. Serously. I've never done that. I'd love to play with the Kirby vacuum cleaner again with Kelly and all my children. (You had to be there.) I'd like to go parasailing off the coast of Bermuda. I would love to meet Jack Hanna and get out in the wilderness and have him show me animals in their own habitats and not in the zoo. I have always thought he was amazing. I would like to get on a sailboat and just go. Perhaps find out for myself if the earth is round. I'd like to drift along on Walden Pond and read Thoreau. OK, maybe I've gotten a little carried away. Suffice it to say I'm not ready to kick back and take it easy, so we've got to get this body working right....whatever it takes.
And speaking of bodies........ one of the sweetest people I know is facing a big procedure tomorrow at the University of Virginia Hospital for her cancer. My prayers tonight are for her and her doctors. Because she has dreams, too.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

we should really start checking some things off your list! sounds great!

dubby said...

Start with milking the cow. Do you want to go the Museum of American Frontier Culture or have me set you up an appointment with a black and white one here in Weyers Cave?