Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Off to Big Sky Country....

Drew, Steph and the girls are off on their big trip today. They are driving to Montana to visit Steph's parents. They are all excited. Her family is awesome. I love her parents, Dave and Anita, and wish we lived closer. Steph's whole family will be able to be together because her brother and his family are coming in from Indiana and another brother and his wife will be there from California. Steph's younger two sisters and another brother are there in Billings....so all six siblings will be together. How fun. They will get to go to "the cabin"....a fabulous place her parents bought and fixed up in the Beartooth Mountains, in the East Rosebud Creek canyon. It's a terrific place...I stayed there with Drew, Steph and the girls a couple years ago, and didn't want to leave. It was in February and there was snow everywhere. Drew, Steph, Kimmi and Alli and I were all in the hot tub looking at the moon and the stars with steam billowing off the warm water into the cold mountain air. Wow.

Today I made some popcorn in ziplocks, along with a few peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip cookies for their trip. They stopped by to say good-bye and I snapped this shot of the girls in the back seat.....all settled in with their headphones and movies for the trip. They'll have a super time....and my prayers are for their safety. Kimmi and Alli.....your grandma loves you!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I haven't gotten much done at all this afternoon. I have known for a long time that you are a gifted writer and have a real talent for translating feelings and ideas down on to paper, but haven't spent any time reading your blog until today.

A few times today I've been interrupted by the phone and have to wipe a tear and clear my thoughts before answering.

This post especially touched me because we REALLY felt your love and prayers when we were on this trip.

You have no idea how great you are and maybe that's a small part of what makes you so great.

For the most part, people love their moms and think they're great, but they'll never really know what it's like to have the absolute best like we do.

I LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!