Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Scraps of Love



We had a great activity last night at our Young Women meeting. We put the final touches on the beautiful quilt Tresa put together for one of our dear friends who is fighting cancer. I love this quilt. Tresa and her daughter, Elizabeth, picked out the pattern and all the fabric. It has different hues of all the Young Women Value colors. We also got creative with stickers, stamps, markers, ribbon, etc. and made some cards. The girls did a great job and I had a super time with them.
As we were working on the quilt, I was reminded of the last few lines from the movie "How to Make an American Quilt". It is a quote that I had written down and saved. I fished it out of my mountains of quotes ...and it goes like this.....

"As Anna says about making a quilt,
you have to choose your combination carefully.
The right choices will enhance your quilt.
The wrong choices will dull the colors,
hide their original beauty.

There are no rules you can follow.
You have to go by your instinct.
And you have to be brave."


Our friend, you are fighting with grace and bravery.
And we love you.

No comments: