Sunday, July 8, 2007

bonnets, aprons and chocolate....

Yesterday I went over to Deb F.'s house, as she was working on clothes for the Pioneer Trek the youth of the Church are going on this week. I brought the things I've been working on with my group of girls so we could work together. She has been sewing her little fingers off for a few days along with some of the girls from her branch and their mom. I was working on pinning the pleats on Megan's apron.....for the moment alone in her sewing room...and in walks Deb. She puts a cold bottle of flavored water on the table in front of me....and this chocolate bar from Belgium. Now I know these are like gold to her...and she gave it to me. Yay! (she's shared her chocolate with me on several occasions before, too!) Anyway, biting into this particular truffle was nothing short of amazing. Not like anything you'd buy on "this side of the pond". A party in my mouth, that's for sure. I lingered over each bite, letting the sweetness melt slowly into every corner of my mouth, and simply enjoyed creating and working with my friend. Thanks, Deb....for everything. .......and I hope your hubby brings you some more chocolate from his trip to Antwerp. By the way.....ummmm......when does he get home???
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dubby said...

Ah! So you heard he went to Belgium with an empty suitcase! He gets home the 19th.

Dianna said...

mmmm, can't wait!