Monday, August 27, 2007

On the Porch....Praying




Meg and I are now in Lincoln Nebraska, and will be in Utah tomorrow night. (Monday) We are having loads of fun together, and had a great visit with Laurie, Jeremy and Aunt Chris in Columbus.
I thought it very cool that this praying mantis showed up the day before we left, and wouldn't move. He (or she?) was on the wall of the porch, right next to the front door. With all the activity in and out, he never moved. He finally turned around a little. I flipped this picture one quarter turn so you can see it better.
Praying mantises (manti?) were always a sign of good things when I was growing up. I was fascinated by them. I always felt as a kid that the praying mantis was really praying, and that you were very lucky to have one hang out near you.
Well, before taking off on a road trip of over 4200 miles, half of that alone, I'll appreciate all the praying anyone wants to do. Even, the creature kind.

3 comments:

The Katzbox said...

I'll pray for you my friend...going and coming...always and forever....

dubby said...

Do I need to fly out to Utah so I can drive back with you???

Queen Karana said...

Hey! You're in MY neck of the woods now. Welcome, welcome. It's one long drive, isn't it? Drive safely. Would've been fun to see you.