Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Why?


So....do you possibly remember my post of July 27th??? It was after a big storm, and I took a picture of this tree along our office driveway. I love this tree, and wrote about how much I've learned from this tree about adapting when a chunk of us is torn off. It was a beautiful tree....one I enjoyed watching through the seasons each time I drove into work. I say "was" a beautiful tree, because, well, it isn't anything anymore. I heard the chainsaw, I saw the truck, but I thought they were just cutting up the downed branch and hauling it away. I came out of the office to go home yesterday, and this is what I saw. I just don't get it.


2 comments:

Queen Karana said...

OH! That's sad.

It's a little bit like the story of "The Giving Tree." Too bad they didn't leave a little bit more of the stump... at least then you'd have a place to sit.

:(

dubby said...

Ohhhh! Sympathy! How could they?