Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Josh!!!



Josh turned 14 on Saturday! We had lots of fun. Kimmi and Alli had spent the night, because Drew and Steph drove up to New York to watch a Yankees game and do a little sightseeing. So...Saturday morning, I made Josh a big breakfast, and then Kelly stayed with the girls while Josh and I ran around town. We went to the theater to see the new Harry Potter movie (our tradition to watch them together) but we got there late because my watch was 15 minutes slow. So....we bought tickets for the next showing and then took off exploring.
We went to the music store (of course) and bought a flimsy plastic ring for one of his drums to dampen the sound (I don't understand, but the drummer does). Then we went to the mall....had a lot of fun. We bought a Volcom T-shirt (skateboard brand?) that he thought was cool. Looked around. Bought pretzels at Auntie Anne's and sat and talked.....fun! Then...we ended up at Plan 9 music. He got a new CD and then to Wal-Mart for a new CD case. We finally got back to the theater and REALLY enjoyed the movie.
Then, when we got home, I got the girls ready to go back to their house. When Megan got off work, she took Josh running around again. I think they ended up buying some Chinese food and coming home and watching some episodes of The Office. They both told me they had lots of fun. The girls and I went back to their house, for baths, books and bedtime. It was so fun being with them. I love to listen to them pray. Precious. Then, I sat in Drew's recliner and watched TV. Drew and Steph got held up and didn't get home until 3:30 am.....but that was fine....I was comfortable and dozed a little bit.
Sunday, we had a big dinner. Josh's choice. Grilled chicken breasts, grilled corn on the cob, my oriental salad, and instead of cake, he wanted ice cream sundaes for dessert. When Drew's family came for dinner, the girls brought in pink cupcakes they had made for Josh' birthday. How fun...and how perfect....Josh thought the fact they were pink and girly was great! I looked and looked, but didn't have any candles. So...we improvised. One big candle in the middle.
We invited Dale Richards to dinner, too. It was great fun. We all played Apples to Apples after...and had a good laugh about coconuts. (tee-hee)
My little guy is growing up, and I think I'll be OK. Really.




No comments: