Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sticks and Strings



This is the second week of band camp for Turner Ashby's Marching Knights. There are four bass drums in the band. Josh plays the second biggest.
This has been the hottest band camp anyone can remember. But one cool Friday evening soon, I'll be sitting in the bleachers enjoying their show, and I can hardly wait.




After Josh got home from Boy Scouts tonight, he couldn't wait to get back to music. You can see a bit of a sunburn, because he forgot to put on sunscreen today and yesterday before marching in the sun. I have a feeling he will remember tomorrow.
Josh has been teaching himself how to play guitar. This is Megan's guitar. He's been working on "Icky Thump", "Electric Eye", "Seven Nation Army", as well as learning the basics. He wants to buy an electric acoustic soon.
I'm looking forward to all the music that is going to come from this guy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

He looks like a natural! I miss him so much :)