Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dog days even too hot for the dog....

Yikes!!
What a day! It is now 99 degrees here with a "real-feel temp" of 110!

According to weather.com, some other places (of course where my kids are) are also burning up:

Griffin GA - 99 degrees, feels like 103
Mt. Airy, NC - 98 degrees, feels like 102
Columbus, OH - 91 degrees feels like 95

I almost burnt my hand opening my car door when I left the office for an errand this afternoon. And I felt sorry for Josh when I dropped him off for marching band practice thinking of him being out in it for hours carrying a bass drum. I dropped him off before 9am and it was already disgusting.
Megan called me this afternoon and told me she was sopping wet because she had to walk to the Daily Grind after work to wait for John. Not a long walk, but in the heat.....unbearable. I'm telling you......it is wicked hot!

It's been like this for awhile now. It's getting to the point where anything lower than 90 degrees feels downright nippy!

So...wherever you are, sip some lemonade, take it easy, and remember.....don't walk on the cement in your bare feet!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Only 99 degrees? It feels more like 120! Thank goodness for AC. We are so blessed, aren't we? (You might want to mention to your friends to be mindful of their elderly sisters on their visiting teaching routes during this heat wave!)

Emmy said...

Last year at this time it was 122 where I live - it was so sick. But, I am feeling pretty grateful right now, sitting in my loft with the windows open, the cool ocean breeze coming in. . . really, really grateful. Yay for the west coast!

Emmy said...

p.s. how thoughtful of Michelle to mention the elderly. . .she's so sweet and it's just like her to care for others.