Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Lucky Charms and Good Friends...


Monday evening, Deb F. came over to help Megan order her new laptop for college. Deb is our very own computer geek and we are glad to be on the receiving end of her geeky knowledge. She has helped us a ton.
Well, I came out on the porch while she was walking up the driveway, and she stopped and just looked down at the edge of our lawn. I waited a few moments and there she stood....totally still. So I went out to her and she pointed down, and said what do you see? I have to admit, I saw grass, clover and a couple patches of crabgrass. I was just hoping it wasn't dog poo, but with our two dogs, you can never be sure.
But no, she pointed at something with her toe, and I saw it. A Four Leaf Clover!!! There it was, among a bunch of ordinary three-leaf clovers. I picked it and went to give it to her. And she said, no......it was MY four leaf clover because it was in MY yard and therefore it will be MY good luck. I think it applies to her because she found it. But, whatever, it got lovingly put into one of my fancy little glasses and put right in the middle of our big table. We can share the good luck. That would be fine with me.
Thanks, Deb!

5 comments:

dubby said...

You totally crack me up!

Michelle said...

If anyone needs a four leaf clover, it would be you! (You have always been our good luck charm, Mom.)

Emmy said...

I remember looking for these on hot summer afternoons - it's so fun that you can grow them! I haven't seen a clover in six years! So sad! Miss the green!!!

Dianna said...

just don't keep too many. cathryn and I picked over two hundred one summer (we have a big yard) and after we had one clover for every page of the book we were putting them into, we both got sick at the same time the day after!

Queen Karana said...

That is so awesome!

I've maybe only seen one four-leaf clover. Three leaf clovers, sure. But four? Pretty uncommon in my life.

See, I can't even remember if I have "for sure" seen one.