Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Night of Love and Laughter





We had a celebration tonight for our graduating seniors from Young Women. Two of the four graduates came.... Megan (yay!) and her buddy, Katie Horne. We had the get-together at our house. About 20 people were here including the girls and leaders. We all sat around in the dining room, and we got to hear funny stories about both of them and see baby and childhood pictures. Megan and I had a great time reminiscing as we were going through pictures. It was so hard to choose pictures and memories without going on for three hours about that girl. But somehow I kept it to 5-7 minutes.
I made a Butterfinger cake.....YUM!!! (thanks, Michelle!) And Harriet made a great punch and brought pretzels. I made some dip and the spread was set. Easy.
We played a great game about "If you were Megan.....or If you were Katie". It was fun!
Then, we presented Harriet with the homemade cards and quilt. She was really touched, I could tell. (Tresa had worked so hard on the quilt, and then the girls helped tie it one night for our activity.) Harriet got good news today about the results of her latest MRI. I was so thrilled for her.
Oh....and I made these pots for the seniors. They got to pick their favorite, and I will paint their names on the rim and then glaze them. They will be nice and shiny and protected. I wanted to do them without Megan seeing me, so I finished them today at the office. THAT was interesting! They are filled with Hershey Kisses. It was kind of a "Bloom Where You're Planted" kind of thing.



7 comments:

dubby said...

The quilt and pots are gorgeous. Wish I were in your ward.

Diane said...

Deb...you and me both, sista!

Jessica said...

mom, the pots look awesome! i like the purple one with the green trim. and the quilt looks great! glad you had a good evening.

The Katzbox said...

So, I'm guessing Virginia has some kind of fountain of youth because apparently you haven't aged ONE DARN BIT...what's the secret there sister?...AND MEGAN IS OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL? No

Diane said...

Katz (aka Deb)...
I guess the eyes are the first to go....and your pert near blind, I take it! (but thanks, anyway!)
And yep...little Meggie is grown up. How did that happen? We are driving out to BYU in 10 days!

Dianna said...

mmm, butterfinger cake. i loved your butterfinger cake!! ahhh..

Michelle said...

Mama-You did a fabulous job on the pots! I love the swirled flowers and I'm sure the girls thought they were adorable. I'm so happy to hear about Harriet's news. When is the next time that she returns to the Dr.'s? Glad you enjoyed the Butterfinger cake...try making it sometime with a chocolate cake and Heath bars...YUMMY!