Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So Bittersweet....



Megan and I took off Saturday, August 25th for our trip to take her out to BYU. Then I drove home by myself. There is so much to write about. Nights were spent...in Columbus with Laurie and Jeremy, Nebraska, Shane's in SLC, the Harris' home north of SLC, in Megan's kitchen on an air mattress, back at Shane's, then Nebraska, Illinois, Kentucky at the horse farm where Aunt Chris was staying, and then back home. I got home night before last.

As I am writing this, emotions are high. I have lots to do and things to catch up on, so I think I will postpone writing much. It was a wonderful and terrible trip. For lots of reasons. But, dropping Megan off....and saying goodbye.....over 2000 miles away, was definitely wonderful, marvelous, and yes, a bit terrible. I cried all the way back to Shane's house 45 minutes away. But, I am proud of her, and glad she is chasing her dream. She will be fine. Me? not so sure.

I will write more about the trip later.

(by the way, Meg took this picture)

1 comment:

Queen Karana said...

Love this picture.

Do you know how strange it is for me to read that you spent one night at the Harris' north of Salt Lake City?

I'm thinking - wow! You did? Where was *I*?

Technically, we are in Salt Lake City - not "north" of it - but we are SO FAR NORTH, that we're almost in North Salt Lake... but not quite. :) It just threw me for a loop!