Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Knew He Was Under There Somewhere.....


Last Thursday night, Laurie and Jeremy came from Ohio. They got here about 1:30 in the morning. After I got done working on Friday, we were all anxious to do something together. We decided it was definitely a Dayton Farmers Market kind of day. We all needed a pretzel, made by the Mennonites there.....a treasure for your taste buds. I'm not kidding. They are just about the best things you ever put into your mouth. And we get a little bag of jerky from Hank's SmokeHouse there to eat with them. And some cold drinks. Weird, but seriously, your mouth does a little happy dance with this combination. So, we all were excited about our little outing.

I had told Josh earlier that he needed to cut his hair sometime over the weekend. I told him he could have it as long as he wanted on the sides and the back....have it in a ponytail, if he wanted, but that he had to cut it around his eyes. I missed seeing his eyes. I told him I'd do it, or I'd take him to Hair Corral. Well, we were all getting into the car when Josh said, "Can we stop at Hair Corral?" (did I hear him correctly?) So, the very first stop was Hair Corral.

I was surprised that Josh wanted to cut it quite a bit shorter. I was more nervous than he was, and kept asking him if he was sure. I kept telling him, when they started talking about using the clippers, that it was really going to be short. And then Josh showed her where he wanted his bangs. I was so surprised. Finally I just decided to shutup. But, I did get out my camera. This first picture is the shaggy Josh that came into Hair Corral. I love the grin. I'm sure his eyes are smiling, too....we just can't see them.



Now this is a good look, don't you think?




Josh said maybe he'd just keep it like this. Nice.





And then, Josh emerged at least two years older, I think. I took this picture as soon as he got out of the chair. I thought he looked great. He had fun teasing me that it was all my fault, but I think he was glad to get rid of the mop. He thought his white forehead looked a little weird, though.

And then.....we were off to "Pretzel Heaven".

6 comments:

Emmy said...

I LOVE IT! I am a huge fan of short hair on guys - this looks great!

dubby said...

He looks GREAT!

Jessica said...

handsome handsome

My Life, as it goes on! said...

I can't beleive how grown up he looks!

The Katzbox said...

Yikes!!! I have a pic of that little guy in a high chair on my back deck with baby food on his chin...BIG DIFFERENCE...but still just as cute!!!!

Queen Karana said...

Go Josh! That haircut is awesome. I love the way he looks.