Thursday, September 20, 2007

32 Years Ago Today....



Today marks 32 years since our wedding in the Washington DC Temple. I look at this picture and can remember how I felt as sacred promises were made.
I remember wondering where our life together would take us. It's strange to realize that back then, I hadn't met our six beautiful children, our four wonderful children by marriage or our four terrific grandkids. It was just Kelly and Diane. A boy and girl in love and looking forward to tomorrow. And....I guess that's what we still are. Kelly and Diane. Two old people in love and still looking forward to tomorrow, and grateful for our past.
I love you, Kelly. (and I still see this boy when I look at you)

7 comments:

dubby said...

So you didn't tell us who the kids are in the picture!

Diane said...

very funny, deb. very funny.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary, Mama! I am reminded today of all the times that we caught you and dad kissing in the kitchen or flirting with each other when we had our friends over. You have showed us all how to have a strong marriage and I always knew that is what I wanted for myself. We love and honor you both! Happy Day!

wwffvfcdexdxdsmjpus cdh xwh Love~Toby

Diane said...

thanks, chelle!! You make me smile.

And Toby....what perfect sentiment. You have such a way with words. Nana and Poppy thank you.

Queen Karana said...

Happy Anniversary! (Belated)
I hope you shared a wonderful moment or two together on your special day.

32 years - that's amazing. My parents just celebrated their 37th. Next March is number 10 for us. Where does the time go?

The Katzbox said...

Wow, what a beautiful couple, then and now. You know, at first glance I thought I was looking at Jess...wild. Happy Anniversary. I remember going with you to a "Young Married's" conference, where you spoke, out on the west side of C-bus. You did a great job, of course, and you joked that you were speaking at as a "young married" and you had already been married "10 years"....like that was forever....hahahahahaha....little did we know huh? Stay wonderful and happy and beautiful and righteous...just like you are. Love to you my friend.

My Life, as it goes on! said...

I LOVE IT!!!! YOU ARE TRULY AN AMAZING COUPLE!!!! I MISS AND LOVE YOU GUYS TONS!