Monday, December 10, 2007

The Weekend Flew By....






Wow....it's Monday night already. Wasn't it just Friday? It seemed like this weekend was only a few hours long. Can we have another one tomorrow, please?

Friday night was Kelly's work party at his boss' house in Fishersville. I really wasn't excited to go because I have been to a ton of these before, and I would have loved to just have an evening with my husband...doing something just the two of us. And I didn't know ANYONE except for his boss, Scott, whom I've met a couple of times. But I went with a good attitude. I made it a point to talk with everyone there. I think there were about 20-25 people there. I really enjoyed myself. Made some new friends. We got there about 6:45 and didn't leave until 11:30 or so. Kelly was the "pool-king". He just couldn't be beat. Well, except for the last game. I know he had a great time, too. There was a hot and heavy poker game going on and lots of liquor being consumed, but no one got stupid, and everyone was really a pleasure to be with. Kelly works with some great people and they all seem to think very well of him. (One of the agents...a woman in her late 30's....referred to him as "the old veteran" when she talked about him. Cracked me up.) But I was proud to be with him and we enjoyed ourselves.

Josh had Zach spend the night and they were up until about 6am playing with Zach's new X-Box. They got up about 11:30 and helped us decorate. They got up on the roof and strung some lights. BIG production. I was a little worried one of them would fall off. They get very goofy around each other. Sloopy watched them every second....I think he thought he was the head honcho.
But...we finally finished...inside and out ...and cleaned up everything. All that had to be done was vacuuming and then putting the ornaments on the tree. We went to our Christmas party at church. Quite a few people came. When we pulled up to the house...Kelly said he wanted to go on a date. He wasn't ready to go home yet. He said, "How about Barnes and Noble?" (ears perk up) Me: "Barnes and Noble? Let me think about that.....YES!" Josh thought he wanted to go too, but then decided he was just too tired. So....Kelly and I went and spent two hours browsing and sitting together in those "magic chairs" they have there and consumed some good books.....nibbled on some others. Left without spending a dime...but it was a fun date together.

Sunday morning we went to church. I went a little early to practice the song the women's choir (seven of us) sang in sacrament meeting. We sang "O Little Town of Bethlehem". I really enjoyed our Sunday School lesson on the Book of Revelation. Bonnie does a super job...and I always go home with something I've learned and something to think about. Kelly cooked up some bratwurst when we got home. They were great. We all had kind of a lazy afternoon. I think Josh slept for 3 hours, at least. I got calls from Jessie, Michelle and Megan....and then Sunday evening, I just heated up some of my homemade chicken soup that I had in the freezer. A little later....the Christmas lights were glowing, James Taylor was singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" to me, and the kitchen was cleaned up and the dishwasher was running. I went and just sat in the living room and looked at the tree. My favorite spot for a few weeks every year. Josh came up with Sloopy and they just sat, too. The three of us...just looking at the tree. And then we talked. Peaceful.

About midnight last night, the house was so peaceful and quiet....and I didn't want to go to bed yet. I decided to go downstairs and watch TV. A rarity for me. But I took my crochet, the blankie my mom and dad gave me last year for Christmas, and some chocolate milk and went to just relax for awhile. I think I got through most of a Deal or No Deal (the hour long show that could be done in twenty minutes) and then fell dead asleep. Climbed into bed around 3am.


Today has been crazy busy. Ran around...got a few things done...and a little work at the office. I just finished writing out my list for this week. My "to-do" list. Not my "wouldn't it be nice to do" list. But the "I absolutely NEED to do each and every single thing on here" list.
Yikes. I need a wife.

But tonight...I think it's an herbal tea night....Sleepytime to be exact. And then my jammies, the dogs, my blankie, some crochet....and a little earlier relaxation time.

That list will just have to wait until 6am tomorrow. Tonight is taken.

3 comments:

dubby said...

Practice: no NO NNOOO!!!!

Say this ten times with meaning every hour all day long. Then maybe you can get your relax time tonight

The Katzbox said...

What a delightful entry....a date at Barnes and Noble (oh heck no!!!), a hot soup dinner, lights up, James Taylor, luxury time to put feet up, good convo....you deserve all of this and more...you deserve a night of this with ME ME ME ME ME MEME...heh heh....love ya.

Queen Karana said...

LOL! "need a wife"

Yeah. Me TOO. But better than me, because if I was as good as she would need to be I wouldn't need her in the first place.

I love the "date" at Barnes and Noble. The King and I should definitely do that!