Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy Feet




Well, it is after midnight. I have had a good day. There was a two hour delay for school today. No seminary either....so a little more sleep this morning! I worked all day at the office after taking Josh to school and got a lot accomplished. I talked to each of my children today. Wow. I am absolutely crazy about my kids. They are terrific people. How cool that I get to be mom to my six best friends (besides their dad).

I chatted with Megan a little on the computer, but she was preoccupied with a big paper she wrote for one of her classes. She worked on it all day and thought she had lost it. Ahhh....computers...don't you love them? Anyway, she was freaked out and I thought she just didn't want to talk to me too badly. But, after she found her paper (whew!) and emailed it to her professor (yay!), she called me on the phone. We just hung up. We had a super conversation and I am sooo excited that I get to pick her up at the Dulles Airport in DC in 14 days and 8 hours. I have really missed her. We've all really missed her.

The Christmas decorations are almost finished around the house. Kelly and Josh will do the outside lights Saturday morning. The weather has not cooperated with us, and also we have been super busy. The inside of the house kind of looks like Santa threw up or something...but it's getting there. I LOVE getting out the Christmas treasures. Such fun....such memories. It feels like I'm arranging magic dust or something. I love it. I am going to squeeze a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon between going to the office and Kelly's work party to finish up. Maybe Saturday I can work on my cards and do a little sewing and baking. Then that night is our party at church. I seem to be able to put problems in their own little holding cell while I am doing Christmas things....I just enjoy. And so does Josh. It was fun watching him arrange the nativity. He wanted to get it just right. Kelly has been in a great holiday mood. We both love Christmas...it's fun to share all the preparations.

I listened to Trace Bundy's Christmas album about three times today. I need to get it on the blog somehow. Have no idea how to do that...but one of my children could tell me. Why do I need to know this technical stuff when I have built-in consultants who know WAY more than me?

Anyway......another purpose for my "happy dance" came this morning when I checked my gmail. There was a notice that I had a comment on my last post.....from Jason Wright! I couldn't believe it! I had gone to his website after I posted about his books...just to see what his upcoming events were. I saw he had a blog, and I went there. His post was about a negative letter he received. I thought it was awesome he shared it, and I commented on it and also mentioned I had just written about him and how he influenced me last week. I thanked him for coming. Well, I guess he clicked on my name...found my blog...and left his comment. Cool! This was really exciting for me.

Hope everyone is doing their own "happy dance"!!

1 comment:

The Katzbox said...

I hope your happy feet are staying warm...I think of you when my dog lays across my feet and keeps mine warm..that is the best!

Oh and I'm so happy that you're happy...YAY FOR HAPPY TIMES!!! and your kids ROCK...

Loves ya!!!!