Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Halls are Decked.....Yay!



If you haven't read the post before this.....called "Deck the Halls"...you might want to read that first....then this will make more sense. (but since when did making sense matter?)




Awwwww......Christmas cozy. Did I tell you I absolutely love decorating for Christmas?? Every minute of it. (tee-hee) I do.....really I do!



Tonight the Young Women came over to my house. There were five young women along with Tresa, Rachel and me. They made ornaments for our primary children. (at church - the 3 to 12 year olds) Glitter paint on beautiful red satin-looking balls .....each one is so unique. They all have the year and CTR written on them. So creative...some squiggles, some dots, some stars...all kinds of things. We didn't know how to let them dry, so I strung some yarn across my dining room posts and I actually think they look terrific up there. Everyone had a great time. We also made candy cane reindeer. Hung up to dry.
(I've seen deer hanging to dry before.....outside.....after hunting week....yuck.....but these are much cuter.)



Shammie, the electric cord and Josh' tennis shoes add to the look, don't you thinnk?



"Joy to the World". You betcha. Such joy....such love.



Every single item has a story. I love that.



I can't seem to take a nice picture of the tree. It looks SO much prettier than this in person. (or would that be "in tree"?) The lights don't even show up in this. But it is beautiful. Just take my word for it.



Come on in. Hot chocolate for all.

****************

5 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Your house is so pretty. I love the front door especially.

I am hoping to finish our Christmas decor tonight. It's pretty much done -- I mostly just need to put all the boxes away! :)

I'll have to post some pictures when/if I finish.

The Katzbox said...

Your place looks grand! Lots of warmth and coziness and I love the colors. Are you planning a big dinner on Christmas? We're cooking our traditional Christmas swan...nah...just kidding. Love you.

Dianna said...

mmmmmmm... sounds good! i want some hot chocolate!

Mommydew said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job. I especially love the picture with Josh's shoes, the electric cord and your dog..the story of my life! It made me smile! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas (P.S. while you're giving that Noah kisses, give him one from me!)

zeitersouth said...

It looks really beautiful- I see where Michelle gets her decorating talent!