Friday, October 5, 2007

Visit from Aunt Chris


My Aunt Chris came to visit us for awhile. She came last Sunday night and will stay for about a week. We have had a super time together. It seems like both of us are going through some yuck right now, and we are easy on each other. Safe. Home. It's nice. And...she has helped a ton......with laundry, cooking, buying groceries, running around, helping with the dogs, at the office, all kinds of stuff. We are serious and solve the problems of the world together, and analyze things, and then, we end up in a little giggle-fest about bachelor pelicans. (I know....but it made sense then, I promise)

I like this picture of her....I think it captures her personality. And no....she's not "up a tree without a paddle". Well, I guess she technically is. But...she has a bow. And wouldn't that be more useful than a paddle??

Last night we sat at the crazy Heatwole Auction for more than two hours. We spent a whopping $1.00. Plus two hot dogs. Do we know how to party or what??? I hope her dreams come true soon. It's her time. I love you, Chris.


6 comments:

The Katzbox said...

tell you Aunt Chris I said "Hey"...is the bow for shooting bachelor penguins?...are those common on the East Coast?...perhaps if they lived in Antartica, they would get luckier and not be so bachelorish. Well, enjoy the rest of Conference today. Love to you m'friend. We gots to meet up!!!!!

dubby said...

Pelicans or penguins? On the beach?

Jessica said...

i understand that she is up in a tree with a bow but, why?

The Katzbox said...

Oh my gosh, I totally read "penguins"...hmmm, well, that's different isn't it?....although "bachelor pelicans" is interesting in and of itself. Regardless, "HI AUNT CHRIS!!!!"

Queen Karana said...

Wow... the resemblance to you is uncanny. Wow.

dubby said...

Katz -- you have to understand. Diane doesn't KNOW the difference between a pelican and a penguin.

Diane, just FYI, the penguins wear tuxedos.