Sunday, October 21, 2007

October Road






There is a song by James Taylor called "October Road".

Sweet call of the countryside
Go down slow. open wide.

Keep me walking, october road.
Keep me walking in the sunshine, yeah
A little friend of mine
October road
.

I love the October roads I explored Thursday. Didn't mind getting lost. Every curve brought new beauty.




Ended up at Sherando State Park. Drove some more...and came upon this. Near the lake. I got out and spent about an hour exploring around here. If you click on this.....you can see a couple taking a hike. They got out of their car near mine. They are about 65-70 years old. They both have walking sticks. And they were laughing together. I watched them walk into the woods. Together. And I was anxious to get home.

1 comment:

The Katzbox said...

I know that song so well, October Road, and listen to it often. So happy to see these pictures and even happier that I can enjoy the fall vicariously through you and your artist's soul. Thanks for putting these up...

I asked mom if, when I fly in on Friday (if I can even get to the San Diego airport because of the fires) if we could go "down home" to see the color...now I'm more determined than ever...thanks friend.