Sunday, October 21, 2007

They Left the Light on For Me....



This past Wednesday and Thursday I was at the Wintergreen Resort south of Waynesboro, VA. A company our agency writes with, Loudoun Mutual Insurance, was having its annual Agent Meeting. Drew's company also represents Loudoun, so he was there, too! How cool.
I registered only about two weeks before, and was told they weren't sure if I could get a room. (I was hoping I could...since they were paying for everything) They called me back and said everything was set and they did some rearranging and found a room for me. So....when I went there, and they told me I wouldn't be staying in the main building, but had to drive down this lane, and turn this corner, etc., I thought, "Great. I wonder what this will be like."
Well....no worries, it was perfect. A beautiful condo in the woods. I almost could hear it whisper, "Diane...come on in. Forget all troubles tonight. Be wrapped in a beautiful quilt and watch the trees out the window. All is well."
Anyway...thought I would post a few pictures of my "room".



Working fireplace, with wood stacked outside....a living room, and kitchen table, tv with dvd, books, games, etc.





Full kitchen...dishwasher, frig, stove, fully stocked with any kitchen thingy you'd need. Inside the closet was a washer and dryer.


This is part of the deck off the kitchen. Quiet. Woods all around. Fun. Thanks, Loudoun! (And the meetings and meals were great, too!)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

it's so homey! i'm glad you were able to have some time wrapped in some of the things you love! the beautiful nature, the homemade quilt and peacefulness.