Sunday, October 21, 2007

A complete 180.....




First of all, I posted SIX times tonight. Blogger will only let me put four pictures on each post. I couldn't decide, so I used them all. So....to get this in order, go down to "They Left the Light on For Me"...with a picture of a bed with a quilt. And read up. It may make more sense. Or....be a rebel and read from here down. We all need a little excitement in our life.

The reason I put this picture up (click on it to view it larger), is while I was driving the back roads Thursday afternoon, I saw all kinds of signs. Some showed just a slight curve coming up, some showed a winding road, and I saw a number of these. Showing I must follow the road and turn completely in the opposite direction.
I thought about my life. Sometimes a slight curve is all I need. Just change something a little bit. Do a little better. Try a little harder.
Sometimes, I am on a winding road. Up and down, twists and turns. I must hold on to the wheel, and pay attention so I don't swerve off the road. Soon things will straighten out again.
And sometimes, I know I must completely turn the other way. That I need to change direction.
I want to stay on the road. I want to enjoy my journey. I am grateful for the road signs in my life.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

so true, mom. thanks for this post!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Nice pics, especially of Sherando. Sherando is one of my favorite places, too.

Michelle said...

Mom, tell me again why you haven't written a book/novel yet? You are so talented!