Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Wintergreen Stuff

All ready for an autumn fire.




I kept mum about how cool my "condo" was that I was staying in. I wanted to surprise Drew after he showed me his standard hotel room. Well, that kind of fell through, because after the evening meeting and dinner, we went up to Drew's room. It was fantastic, too. Not a condo, but a WAY cool room. A loft, kitchen, two beds, kitchen, table and chairs and a living room.

Here he is singing to his momma on his guitar. I was all excited because I thought I knew who sang the song he was singing. I said, "Hey...I know who sings that. It's "T-Shirt for Cutie". He cracked up. He said, "Close. It's 'Plain White Tees'. Maybe you are confusing that with the group 'Death Cab for Cutie'." Oh well...for a second there ...I ALMOST was cool.



This was carved into the inside of the nightstand drawer in my room. He saw it, and said..."It was Michelle. I promise."
(They were always writing stuff and blaming each other for it. Drew did it more than Michelle. He even blamed her when he tried to write her name on the wall. He wrote something like MICELL. In his little handwriting. And she was too little to do any more than scribble out an M.)




My little house in the big woods.