Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whew....what a week!

Updates:

Well, Sunday night's discussion at Church was incredible. Brother Doug Larson from Lexington/Buena Vista spoke. It was great. Josh really enjoyed it, too. He had a power point presentation...and in it he put up a picture of his mom and dad, who have passed away. He spoke quite a bit about his father. I raised my hand and asked him what his father's first name was. He said William. I told him that his father married Kelly and I in September of 1975 in the Washington DC Temple. After the discussion, we had a great time talking about that weekend. It was incredible. What fun it was to think about it all again.

Sunday night Kelly and I watched Mr. Deeds with Josh. What a great movie!! It is my FAVORITE Adam Sandler's movie. Really enjoyed watching that again.

Monday was just not fun. Received some bad news from an attorney in Ohio......an attorney that I now think perhaps we should have fired awhile back. It knocked me off my feet, along with some other things. Drew called during the lowest point, and I unloaded on him. Frustrations, fears, etc. What a terrific son I have. He told me "Why don't you come over tonight for Family Home Evening? Kimmi has the lesson." (for anybody not of the LDS faith reading this....we get together with our families one night a week...usually on Mondays, to just be together, talk about the gospel, have a fun activity and just enjoy each other. This happens lots of nights...but one is set aside...so nothing interferes. It's nice.) I told him I wasn't sure, but thanks. About 5:45...he called and I was still at the office. He asked me what I was doing for dinner....I said "making whatever I find at home." He asked Josh, Kelly and I to come to dinner with him and the fam. It was SO fun. And dinner tasted soooo good. It was just what I needed...to be with Drew, Steph, Kimmi and Alli. Fun times. Although Alli got sick.......several times. But she still wanted to be with all of us, and even "conducted" family home evening, with her dad helping her. Kimmi DID do the lesson...about Daniel in the Lion's Den. She was great. What a reader! Then we played a really fun "Go Fish" game about people and places and things from the Book of Mormon. What a smart girl. Josh and Kimmi tied.....with Drew, Kelly and I bringing up the rear. Steph was comforting Alli. Steph made yummy Rice Krispie Treats for everyone. I went home happy. Thanks, family.

Tuesday I worked hard at the office. I also had great long talks with Michelle, Jessie, Laurie and Meggie. My girls. Love them so much. Michelle actually felt a little better....and kept some soup down. Perhaps she will feel better when she gets through this first trimester. I hope so. Jessie was busy today....hope she gets a little nap. That pregnancy fatigue is killer. Meg is doing great. Making plans....setting some goals....having fun...and learning a lot. Laurie is incredible at what she does. She is doing private duty nursing now. She called me to find out how to make corn on the cob. She cooked her patient and her daughter pork chops, corn and baked potatoes. Yum.
Tuesday night, I was in charge of the Young Women's activity at Church. I did Let's Get "Purse-onal".....all about purses. Michelle gave me ideas for this and it went over GREAT! Thanks, 'chelle! I think the girls and the leaders had fun. I'm glad it's over......but it was fun for me, too!

Yesterday, I was working at the office, and my friend, Deb F. came over. (Sidenote: I guess if your name is Deb....it's a given that we are going to be great friends......Quite a few of my greatest friends are Debs. Deb C, Deb K, Deb F, Deb S.....etc. You know who you are. It's weird, because everywhere I've gone...especially at school and at different jobs, I've been called Deb or Debbie a lot. I have to correct them and tell them my name is Diane. I had one lady I worked for in Dayton, Ohio, named Bea. She ALWAYS called me Debbie....I finally decided to leave it alone. I was Debbie to her for several years...even tho' she heard everyone else call me Diane. Strange. Sorry for the ramble)
Anyway....my friend, Deb F., came into the office. She treated me to lunch at Asia Inn. Good times! Fun conversation and time to just relax. Love my buddies.
Josh and I went over to Hometown Music to see if they can fix his bongos. We went over to Petco. It was great hanging out with my son. I really like him.
Last night....Kelly, Josh and I watched American Idol. What a fun escape. Did anyone else think the female military pilot should have been sent on to Hollywood? What a rip-off.
Late last night, I was still downstairs.....and Josh had gone on to bed, and Kelly had gone up to get ready for bed. Drew stopped by late, after playing basketball at the church. Kelly came back downstairs and it was fun talking to our boy awhile.
Couldn't sleep at all last night. How do people turn their minds off? I've had a really hard time lately. This morning, I couldn't MOVE until about 8:15. Exhausted. Went to work awhile...then went over to my friend's house to drop something off and talk awhile. Yep....it was a DEB. Deb C. What a great friend.

Then back to work awhile. A long-time client came in. I love this guy. He's in his late 70's, I'd say. He works hard every single day. Today, he had been moving refrigerators. Yep...moving refrigerators. I said, "Richard....have you ever stopped for ONE day???" He said "Nope. And don't plan to. I'd just rust." Good point. He smiles ALL the time. Of course...he also owns 9 properties, has at least a million dollars in the bank, and has friends all over the valley. And has been married forever to his sweetheart. I love it when he comes in. Maybe I want to be Richard when I grow up.

Picked up Josh from musical practice at the high school. They are going to put on "South Pacific". Josh plays Quayle.....a sailor. That will be fun! Harrisonburg High School is putting on Beauty and the Beast. Our Young Women at church are going to attend both, since we have several girls in the musicals. Josh and I went over and looked at the stuff at the Thursday night auction. Had a few interesting things. Mostly it's the people that are interesting. But I am not going to go tonight. Don't want to spend anything....AND I have too much to get done here.

So why am I typing? I don't know. AND....I typed another boring "book". But I am doing this mostly for me to remember things....you are invited along for the ride...but I apologize for the mundane and everyday ramblings.

I need to go play with Sloopy. He keeps bringing me his toy. Crazy dog.

1 comment:

dubby said...

You mean you are cheating on me!

deb