Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Painted by the Master

I have missed so much by not keeping this up. I will try and catch up a little, but tonight I just feel like posting these. (kind of an easy way to begin blogging again)
We went to Ohio twice in the last month. The first was for a funeral for a dear friend (more about that later) and over Memorial Day weekend for my nephew's graduation (more about that later, too)
While we were there, we went to a Memorial Day breakfast at a park with Laurie and Jeremy. Jeremy's mom MaryAnn was there and it was nice catching up with her. (I've known her for 35 years or so....also a long story) After we ate breakfast, we all walked around a nice little herb garden/pathway built there at the park. It was Kelly, Josh, Laurie, Jeremy, MaryAnn and me. We enjoyed looking at all the signs telling us what we were looking at. I was touched again my the magnificent detail and beauty of His creations for us. I quickly snapped a few pictures. These are the only four I took, and I think they represent what I mean.



Wild daisies - how I love them. I guess I AM a child of the 60's and 70's, but I just think they are about the friendliest flower around. My wedding bouquet was daisies. I am getting older, but daisies still make me feel young. (He loves me....he loves me not....he loves me....he loves me not)
He DOES love me, by the way.



In the picture below, I just love the lingering raindrops. He provides what we need.



These bush roses below were the most amazing color. Vivid and spectacular. Fireworks among the leaves.



And just as we were leaving the herb garden......a little patch of pansies. Deep purple in the center. Like the night sky on a hot night. And such delicate petals. Love the contrast. Such different hues on one petal. That's how we are, too.

Yep, I do love to walk a garden. It's like a walking worship service for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Ok...so I have officially begun blogging again. I promise to blog again tomorrow night, even if it's just a few sentences. I see you snickering. Yes, you! You know who you are. Well, we will just see tomorrow, won't we, missy?)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

We sure loved having you guys here for those weekends! I was starting to get used to it! We had so much fun with you!! Beautiful pictures! Love and miss you!!

The Katzbox said...

I love daisies also...they're my favorite flower...they're sturdy and they blossom just about anywhere...they bring beauty to the highway or the ghetto or a meadow....I just simply adore them....and you....