Friday, February 6, 2009

morning gifts



Tuesday morning we woke to a beautiful fresh blanket of snow....clinging to each and every tree limb and fencepost around. There was a sparkle to every day things, thanks to the snow and sunlight. I drove slowly to work, marveling in the wonder of it all. Peaceful, quiet and lovely beyond words.
Above is a picture of our dogwood tree off the back deck. Delightful in any season.



His masterpiece of white.



Above, my buddy Sloopy stands ready to say goodbye to me as I leave for work that morning. Such a fun, sweet dog. Oh..and my car is getting warmed up....nice and toasty.
(I miss our dog, Shammie, so much when it snows. She acted like it was a big gift...just for her...and even as an old dog, became a puppy in the snow.)


Meg doesn't even know anyone is watching as she leaves for work. She is even more beautiful than the snow.

3 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Funny, I just posted about my own weather...but I do miss my snow and ice and thoroughly enjoyed the recent ice storm that I was in while there last week...stunning...and these pictures are gorgeous. Meggie is beautiful isn't she? Prettier than the landscape indeed....

Is Shammie that beautiful collie I played with when you lived outside of Dayton?...the one with the great smile?...cause I'm getting a little sad right now....

Emmy said...

Beautiful. . .the snow and your girl.

Ken said...

BEAUTIFUL !!