Sunday, February 22, 2009

All-District Band 2009


Not a great shot, but perhaps you can pick out the handsome percussionist standing in the back?


Josh made All-District Band this year and the performance was February 13th at Robert E. Lee High School in Staunton. They practiced all day Friday and most the day on Saturday and then the performance was at 4pm. The auditorium was full, and the music was amazing. There was a Middle School Band, the Concert Band and the Symphonic Band. Josh played in the Concert Band. I thought it was incredible that they only had two days with each other and with the music yet it sounded so finished and so sharp. I had a super time. Eighteen high schools were represented. Hundreds of kids tried out, so this was quite an honor for him. Megan, Kelly and I went together to the performance. We enjoyed being together so much.



Me and my "baby". (When did THIS happen???)



The obligatory shot with the parents. Josh looks so thrilled.


Big sister and little brother. I'm so glad Meg came with us.
(I think Josh had about had it with the camera AND the monkey suit.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

these pictures don't show up :(

Diane said...

I think I fixed it.

The Katzbox said...

You fixed it all right...what a cutie!!! I can't believe he is that much taller than you...when did THAT happen???? Yeesh.......great shots...sounds like a fun day...I have a picture somewhere of him sitting in a high chair on our deck in Worthington...bald head...must have been about 10 months old?...still cute after all these years....

Ken said...

Congrats, Josh. Wish I could have heard you play. By the way, I happen to think that hairy ankles match up well with "monkey suits."