Monday, July 13, 2009

Love to Megan



I have been wanting to blog a little about my Meggie.
She has been an absolute gift in my life.
She turned 20 years old on June 24th, while out at BYU-Idaho, and I missed her so much. I sent out a package and called and sang to her, but it's not the same as spending the day with your birthday child.
I am so blessed to be her mom. We have the longest and best talks. We used to do that on my bed when she was home, now it's on the phone. Usually about 12 or 12:30 at night. (hate the time change between Virginia and Idaho, but when she calls, I want to talk with her) We still laugh, fix the big problems, complain about the little ones, (or maybe the other way around), we share the spiritual things we have discovered lately and catch up on everything. She makes me laugh, she makes me think, she sometimes makes me crazy, and she helps my faith grow. She has learned so much, and loves sharing it with me. For that I am grateful.
Her siblings are blessed to have her as their sister. Her daddy adores her. Her friends are lucky to have her as their friend, as she is fiercely loyal. Dogs love her and she loves dogs. Any dog. Meg has touched many lives, and I am excited to see where her life takes her.

She will need.....her family, a great guy, her scriptures, music, a lovable big dog, some wheels, the outdoors, hugs, some hot popcorn with shredded cheese, hummus, feta cheese and turnip greens. (not all at once). She will need sleep, a MEGA alarm clock, her down comforter, some good movies and a comfy couch. She will need her phone, her IPod and her computer. She will need lots of laughter, cool school supplies, some good running shoes, and some big adventures. She will need the Magic Bullet. She will need the Lord and His teachings.
Yes, I am excited to see her days to come.
I love you, my sunshine girl, and here are some pictures of days that were.
Happy 20th!


Megan in the witch costume I made her. She loved it. She stayed in character all night. No matter what. Her face HAD to hurt!


Josh, Megan and Shammie. Playing in paradise. They couldn't have been happier that day. All three of them.


So cute. SO cute. 'nuff said.

5 comments:

Joshessette said...

ah. i miss being that age. i think i remember that day in the leaves. i remember doing that a lot.

The Katzbox said...

I adore that picture of Megan with Jesus. I mean, REALLY! What an incredible thing to have happen to an impressionable child...

We used to have a picture of the Savior and for years, Eric was convinced it was a photograph...

And Shammie...

Jessica said...

i love this chick so much! she is hilarious and kind. it is so much fun to catch up with her and i am excited to spend some time with her this summer.

meg said...

Yeah... I met Jesus.

Michelle said...

That witch picture is the best! I remember that day and she was darn cute. AND she WOULD be the one in the family that would meet Jesus. Miss you, Meggie!!!!!!!!!!!