Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Can" she do it?

I have so much to blog about. But it's after 1:00 am now, and I need some sleep. Worked late, called home and Kelly was already home. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Figuring out what movie I am taking you to tonight." How fun. We ended up seeing the late showing of The Proposal. Before that we hit Penney's and Kohl's. I got a clock for my kitchen!!! I've only needed one for hmmmm.....almost NINE years! (Andrew, I know you are so happy!) and a ring on MEGA sale at Kohl's that perfectly matches the earrings I got there last year on MEGA sale when Laurie and I were shopping. It's awesome when that works out!



I think the movie was kind of "The Devil Wears Prada" meets "While You Were Sleeping". Except for one scene that just wasn't necessary, I enjoyed the movie. The BEST thing about this movie is Betty White. I've loved watching her my whole life. Tonight was no exception. I also think Sandra Bullock was awesome in this movie. But I think she has had WAY too much work done on her face, because she looks so different now. She used to be gorgeous, I thought. What's wrong with aging? I know I look as old as dirt but I'm still kickin' and having fun.

OK....now THAT reminds me of AFTER the movie. Kelly and I were walking back to our car (after midnight by then, and quite dark), and another family group was kind of near us walking to their car. I was talking to Meg on the phone, and I saw a can sitting upright in the parking lot a little ways in front of me. Now, I'm not sure why, but I suddenly became about ten years old and ran (yes, folks, I ran a little) and kicked that can as hard as I could. I anticipated it flying through the air. Well, it turned out to be a beer can, and was just about full. BEER was flying through the air. I can never win. But, Kelly was cracking up. Me too, as I TRIED to avoid the beer shower.
But then, Megan read me a letter she wrote me, which made me cry. I mean I bawled like a baby it was so precious. Love that girl. She will be home in two weeks!


Peace out, girl scout.


5 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Only you Hebdon....only you....unless it's me....

Heather O'Pry said...

You are so funny...I would have cracked up to see you do that. It is so much fun to be young again.

drewandsteph said...

Hahaha...I "can" totally picture the moment..would have loved to be there!

Ken said...

Well, I'm just relieved to hear that it was simply BEER in that can. You never know when you might encounter a "TRUCKER BOMB."

Keep on kickin' sis.

Unknown said...

This would be the scene in a movie that you would talk about after you leave the theater. SOOOO funny! I love it. Would have been priceless to see it.

Mom, you're the best. Hope you avoided most of the "barley pop" shower!