Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A voice from the dust....




No...I'm not dead. And even though my last blog was February 7th, two months ago, the day Mitt Romney dropped out of the presidential race, it wasn't like "well, he's out....and so am I."
I cracked up when I looked at my blog and it seemed like that.

I just have been overwhelmed. But I've missed putting a few thoughts down now and then. I think of all I've let go, instead of recording it, over the last while. Oh well, today is another day. I have been diligent in reading all of your blogs, though, and thanks for not being a schmuck like me and drying up. I've enjoyed the news and the smiles.

Lots of things have been going on in my life. Big news......Kelly is now altogether out of the Property and Casualty insurance business and is concentrating on Life & Annuities with American General. He loves it. I think it has been like taking a weight off of him to not be in charge of his own business. I have been taking care of our agency, but about six weeks ago, we sold our accounts to an established agency here in town, and now I am working as an agent for them. It's been an adjustment for me, and lots of details to work out, but over all, I think we made a good move. We still need to close up our office, and hope to have that done by the end of this month. After that, I think I will begin to feel the lighter load of being able to forget about work when I am home. It has been quite a journey.

But.....there IS even bigger news...which I know almost every one of you already know, but I am so happy about it, I'm going to spread the good news once again. I am going to be a Grandma again....and again.....and AGAIN!

Yep...triple the blessings.

Michelle and Jessie are both due on August 16th. AND they are both having boys. So they both will have two little boys to snuggle, play with, laugh with, and love. I am so happy for them both. They are doing great. Ultrasounds look perfect, and "the boys" are already handsome, I'm told. (duh...of course!)

And.....Steph (Drew's wife) is due on October 14th!!! By then, Alli will be six years old, and Kimmi almost eight, and they are so excited to be big sisters. Drew and Steph are so thrilled with the news and are more excited each and every time they hear everything is going as it should. We are so happy for them, too. We can't wait to hear what they are having. I hope it is a boy or a girl. :)

Laurie left today to go to Florida. She is flying there with Mary, her patient. Mary has MS, and Laurie is her private duty nurse. Laurie is very caring, and just becomes part of the family when she cares for someone. They are flying down to be with Mary's daughter and granddaughters. Laurie is looking forward to going to the beach (she's definitely a beach girl). They are also going shopping, exploring, and visiting St. Augustine. She'll be gone nine days. I know she and Jeremy will miss each other, but I'm glad she gets this fun little break.

Megan is coming home from BYU in 17 days! It will be great having her home. I miss her a bunch and I'm looking forward to all kinds of fun times with her. She is seriously considering transferring to BYU-Idaho for next year. I am excited for her future. She has finals coming up...so send good thoughts her way!

Josh is growing like a weed. He keeps getting taller, his voice keeps getting lower, and his momma just loves him more each day. He leaves next Wednesday to go to Florida with his marching band. They get to go to DisneyWorld while they are there. They will also perform. He is still a nut for music.....jazz, marching band, playing in his band with his buddies, listening to music, going to concerts, etc.

I am so blessed. My mind is rushing right now with other things I want to write. But...I am simply going to say that I'm glad I've begun again to write a few thoughts down, and that I am blessed greatly, and that I am so grateful for each of you....family and friends...who have seen me through some tough times lately. Hugs for each one of you. You are my treasures.

Peace out.


3 comments:

My Life, as it goes on! said...

Mama Heb, I miss thee and thy family a great deal! I was one of those that couldn't wait for your next blog update. Soon I will start my own!!!! Oh just you wait....

dubby said...

Glad to see you living again!

Queen Karana said...

Welcome back!

How exciting that you'll have three new grandchildren! I have a feeling you will be doing lots and lots of traveling during the coming months!