Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking a Break...


Sitting here at our office...the one we've had for almost eight years....the one that seems kind of like an extension of our home....and one filled with memories.....and trying to purge things, pack things, and decipher "trash from treasure". What exactly might we need to keep? It's not a fun job. So...what am I doing? Yep...taking a break, that's what.

Just read some book reviews on barnesandnoble.com, also read about ten blogs, cruised through the news websites...and now I should be getting back to business. An hour break is plenty long enough, don't you think? Nope? ok....I'll stretch it out a bit longer.

Monday and Tuesday are going to be fun...Kelly and I get to go eat lunch with our granddaughters at their elementary school. We eat with Alli (kindergarten) on Monday, and Kimmi (first grade) on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that. Yum...school food. ;)

Last night, Josh had Zach, Bryan and Chad over for the evening. They jammed downstairs awhile, and played outside. Sloopy was in heaven with four boys around. We cooked hamburgers and hotdogs, chips and dip, and strawberry shortcake. Yum! It ended up that two of them spent the night, then Zach and Josh did a little weeding today. Then they all met up again, and jammed some more. They are sounding good! Tonight Josh is at Zach's...and spending the night. They are almost inseparable. If they are allowed to be together...they are.
But Zach is a great kid...when they are together, they just make me laugh. They talk in crazy accents, they do these weird walks, and they can play hacky-sack forever.

It was downright beautiful here yesterday and today. Our daffodils are so pretty. Blossoms on many of the trees, and the grass is getting so green. I love seeing everything coming to life. This will be a fun summer. I'm going to visit Michelle and Andrew and Toby in Georgia, visit Jessie and Ammon and Noah in North Carolina, I'm going to Ohio to visit Laurie and Jeremy and my folks and family, Drew and his family will be here with us, and Josh and his buddies will be around, and Meggie will be home! Fun, fun! Busy.....but I wouldn't have it any other way.

There have been lots of changes in my life lately. I'm thinking there will be a few more here soon. Just closing up this office seems to be a big change. Sometimes.....changing is hard. Growing pains, perhaps? Because we can't grow and stay the same. So I keep asking ..."What am I to learn and become by going through this? By "growing" through this?" I'll get back to you on that.

Until next time....green lights and blue skies.


No comments: