Sunday, September 21, 2008

Taste of Italy!


We were visiting Michelle and Andrew in Georgia about six weeks ago to meet Tate and play with Toby. (and see Michelle and Andrew, of course)
Anyway, she is a great cook, and while we were there.......she made her Stromboli for us. Oh wow....it was incredible!!
I was excited when I saw it on her blog....she made one for her next door neighbor after some surgery....so....I decided to try my hand at it.
You can get the recipe on Michelle's blog.
The picture above is with all the goodies, including the pesto sauce, but before I put on some provolone.
We made one side with mushrooms and peppers, too.



Rolled it up loosely....and cut the slits. Ready for the oven!



The finished product. Yep...now THAT looks like a heart attack in a log, doesn't it?
Yummy! It didn't look quite as pretty as Michelle's, but our tummies thought it looked just fine.
Served it with marinara sauce for dipping, along with a salad, made up of romaine lettuce and spinach leaves, black olives, red pepper, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Josh and Kelly both say this is a keeper.
Thanks, 'chelle!

Later this week, I will have to post a terrific recipe I made from Jessie's kitchen...who is an amazing cook, too. It's made in the crock pot and put over noodles. Yum.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You did great, mama! I'm so proud of you :) But truth be told, most of my good recipes come from YOUR kitchen. Love you.

Jessica said...

i salivate each time i see one of these things. it's definitely on the menu this week. yum!