Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fun at Toby's House



The last weekend in October we decided to make a quick trip to Georgia to visit Michelle, Andrew and Toby. We missed Toby SOOO much and it had been the longest we'd gone without seeing him. I talk to Michelle at least once a day, and usually "talk" to Toby too....but even though I saw pictures and she told me all the new stuff he was doing I ached to just be with him. So I was excited Kelly got Friday off that weekend. We got to Atlanta just in time for Friday night rush hour (good planning) but we finally arrived at their house (they live just southwest of Atlanta). When we pulled into the drive, there was Michelle and Toby and the dogs...outside on the driveway. I couldn't believe my eyes. I said goodbye to Baby Toby in June, and here in October, was Little Boy Toby. We stopped at the top of the drive with our mouths open. Toby started almost "running" up the driveway hill to our car. Michelle scooped him up and we pulled in and got out of the car and he just wasn't real sure about this crazy lady and man and boy who were all googly-eyed to see him.
By the time we got inside and talked a minute, Toby was happy we were there and showed it.

He loved showing Josh his toys. "Uncle Josh" loved it.




Michelle and Andrew took us to a restaurant about 30 minutes away. It was a great place called Bugaboo Creek Steak House. It was kind of a fancy steak house with lots of personality. Terrific food. It had animals everywhere ...both real ones that were stuffed, and fake ones that looked real. And some of them would surprise you. Like....sometimes the moose would talk, or the squirrel would swing from the light, or the duck would follow you with his head. The chandeliers were all antlers or horns of different animals.
As interesting as it all was, the most interesting thing in there was Toby. He seemed to love sharing his dinnertime with Nana, Poppy and Josh. On the trip to the restaurant, I got to sit beside him in the car, and he and I had quite the "discussion". He'd pat my arm and say "Da...duh....da...da!!!"" In different tones and volumes. I would "answer" back. He would smile and we'd start again. Sometimes we were quite loud, but we had a lot of catching up to do.

In the restaurant he was so fun to watch. He sucked on a lemon, and offered some to Michelle. (above picture)
He got spaghetti for dinner...... and he can slurp those babies up like a pro. Made his Nana proud.


Oh....and I can't forget Michelle and Andrew's other "kids". Bailey and Hayes. They were pretty glad to see us, too, and came up to us often for snuggles and loves. I do love my "grand-dogs".

5 comments:

Queen Karana said...

LOL! My brothers and I always tell my mom about what her "grand-dogs", "grand-cat" and "grand-birds" are doing, but she refuses to acknowledge them as part of the family. She is not a "grand" anything to any of them.

dubby said...

Fun times

The Katzbox said...

Wow, Michelle continues to be stunningly beautiful and her child follows suit...so gorgeous!!! What a fun trip!!! Enjoy it Grandma...what a blast huh? Big hugs to the whole gang!!, Love, Deb

meg said...

i'm so sad i couldn't have been there.

and did anyone check out josh?? holy mackeral!! ...no i'm not checking out my brother.

hey mom, take a gander around my new blog, k?

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Steph and the girls and I need to get down there! Would be so much fun!