Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kelly Goes to Camp

I have been a mom for 33 years now. In fact, come to think of it, after doing some quick figuring in my head, I seriously think I have been a mother for just about 33.3 years plus 3 weeks.
In all that time, I have had many opportunities to take my children to camp. Six grade camp, boy scout camp, girls camp and all kinds of camp.
Last night, I got to take my "big" boy to camp. Kelly went to the RMH Sleep Clinic for the night. He brought his favorite pillow, his jammies, a book and a toothbrush. I got to spend some time with him in his room, and this camp is NICE, complete with a fun, sweet nurse and some ginger ale before going to bed. Except after I left, she wired him all up with electrodes and things on his head, temples, legs, with sensors on his chin, in his nose and on his finger. Then she reminded him that he would be video taped all night. Sleep tight! (He actually slept fairly well, he said.)
I picked him up this morning at 6:30 am, and he did just fine. He was sitting on the step with a big smile and a strawberry PopTart that he was given for breakfast. What a camper.
All ready for camp. Bye!

Kelly got to try out different C-Pap masks in case he needs to wear one. (ok...he's STILL cute)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Poppy...

Heather O'Pry said...

How fun..such cute pictures. Stephen has had to wear a c-pap for years now. Both of our older boys have had a sleep study and Stephen accompanied both of them because of his experience. Glad to see that Kelly did well.

The Katzbox said...

Kelly was just rockin' that C-Pap...

Hope all is well.

:)

Diane said...

Jessie cracks me up. She says this a lot. In that cute Jessie voice. When I read this, I actually HEARD her saying it.