Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Thanks, James!
I have stayed over at work quite a bit, so my boss let me have a day off with pay, without taking a vacation day! Woo-hoo! Jessie and the boys are visiting for a few days, so I have been saving this day up for a few weeks.
I woke up this morning to the biggest toothless grin. It made my heart jump. :) I played toys on my bed with both Noah and Griffin, while Poppy was getting ready for work. And I have spent the last hour sitting in my rocking chair in my jammies, with a big warm black dog laying on my chilly bare feet, rocking Griffin. He fell asleep under a toasty soft blanket, and we rocked and rocked. Every once in awhile he would turn his head, or look up at me and grin, then close his eyes and rub his face back into my shoulder and fall asleep again. For the last half hour, he has slept peacefully snuggled on me under his blanket, and Noah was coloring a few feet nearby on the piano bench. Well, not ON the piano bench, but on some paper that Poppy got out before he left for work. Jess was able to shower, get dressed, do hair and makeup without a baby on the counter with her. It was great. What a super way to start the morning! Griffin is finishing up his nap in his bed, while I get ready. Then we are off to the Children's Museum and other adventures today.
Josh is playing in a tennis match at Turner-Ashby today, and I hope we get to take the little ones and go. He played in his first varsity match last night. He played doubles with Zach on his team. He loved it. I can't wait to see him play. Just a few weeks ago he was checking weather.com at night, hoping for a snow day, or at least a delay. This last week or so, he checks it every night, hoping for great weather, so he can play more tennis. His band director is adjusting the indoor drumline schedule to accomodate his tennis, so he gets to do both. He is really happy about that.
Well, I am getting in the shower and getting ready for this incredible, wonderful, terrific day.
I just wish that tomorrow I could do the same with my other grandkids and their moms...Michelle and Toby and Tate...and then the next day with Steph, Kimmi, Alli & David.
I miss my little ones so much. They change so fast!
Another thought: THANKS, Jessie for helping me with my blog. I have talked with Jess and Michelle and they both have told me ways I could fix it up a little, but I have gotten frustrated trying to do it, and it seemed to take too long. With Jessie on the laptop and laying on my bed, she helped me while I was on my computer at the desk. It worked out great....how do you like it?
(I personally love the kiwi clock I found!)

6 comments:

Randi said...

Oh mama Hebdon, I miss you so much! I hope you're doing well and I can't wait to see you!

The Katzbox said...

Oh...you're rocking AND holding a grandbaby AND having your feet warmed by a big dog?...just kill me now!!!!!

Have great day, as if you haven't already (puhleese!!!!)

And I love your kiwi clock....

Anonymous said...

Follow your dreams.

To me it seems,

They are very clear.

Write away,

save time to play,

Hold loved ones near!

dubby said...

Rub it in! Yes, I'm very jealous.

Ken said...

I'm really missing having little ones at the moment...maybe we can borrow a few?

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I put up pic 6 of folder 6. Got no comments. Wasn't a good pic anyway... who wants to see a southern Georgia shanty from before the turn of the last century, eh? Read any good Bryson books lately?